Easy to make, melt-in-mouth, these buttery toasted almond cookies cookies are coated with powdered sugar and have a rustic nutty flavour of toasted almonds.
These are called crescent cookies as they are shaped like a crescent moon. They are very mildly sweet and get all the sweetness from the
I would not talk much about these delectable cookies as you need to try them to know what deliciousness means 🙂
Here’s how I made them. The recipe is more of a butter cookies where I added toasted almonds to get the nutty flavour. You can use cashewnuts instead to make cashewnut crescent cookies.
Preparation time: 30 mins
Baking time: 20-25 mins
Baking equipment: a large baking tray
Makes 15 large size crescent cookies or 24 medium size
125gm or 1 cup plain flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
125gm unsalted butter at room temperature
25gm (approx 1/4 cup) icing sugar + 50gm or approx 1/2 cup more for coating
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond essence
50gm or approx 1/3 cup almond, toasted and ground
Spread the almonds in a single layer on a baking tray. Bake them in a preheated oven at 160C for 15 mins or until golden. Let them cool down to room temperature and grind to fine powder.
To make cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree C. Shift flour and salt together. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter with 25gm of the icing sugar until smooth. Mix in the essence and toasted almond flour. Mix until everything comes together as a dough.
- Take about 1 tbsp dough at a time ( for smaller cookies take 2 teaspoon). Make a cylinder shape and then taper the ends and curve into crescent shape.
- Place all the crescent cookies 1 inch apart on a lined baking tray. Bake for about 20-25 mins or until the ends and bottoms of the cookies are golden in colour. Smaller sized cookies will require less time to bake.
- Transfer them to a wire rack and leave to cool for 12-15 minutes.
- Shift the remaining icing sugar into a bowl. Roll the cookies in the sugar until they are evenly coated (you will not use all of the sugar). Return the cookies to the wire rack to cool completely.
These cookies are soft and crumbly and will just melt in your mouth. Needless to say they are utterly butterly delicious ??
Keep baking and keep trying new recipes and I am gonna back with some delicious cake recipes soon.
Why don’t you try other recipes, if you haven’t yet, till we meet again.
Have a look at
So get, set, BAKE!!!