Delicious in every bite, healthy, crunchy-munchy, get prepared in ziffy – these oats and almond cookies are kids absolute favorite!
Well, these cookies have been loved by everyone. With few simple ingredients like oats, wholemeal flour, almond, butter and sugar, these cookies turn out excellent. I do variations with different nuts and different flour in the same recipe.
I baked several batches of them this December, but could get chance to click a picture only now. So here’s the recipe for this ultra delicious oats and almond cookies.
How to make Oats and almond cookies
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 18-20 minutes
Baking equipment used: 2 baking trays
Makes 24 cookies
Ingredients required :
150 grams or 1 cup* wholemeal flour (aata)
50 gram or 1/3 cup oats (small porridge oats)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda (Soda bicarb)
A pinch of salt
115 gram or 1/2 cup butter, soft at room temperature
80 grams or (approx) 6 tablespoon castor sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoon almond flakes (or thin slices of blanched almonds)
*[1 cup = 250 ml]
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/fan 160 C/350 F/gas mark 4. Line the baking trays with baking parchment or greaseproof paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together in a bowl with wooden spoon till mixture becomes fluffy.
- Mix flour, oats, salt and soda in a bowl. Just a gentle mix for even mixing of soda and salt in the flour.
- Add this flour mixture to the butter mixture.
- Add vanilla extract and almond flakes.
- Now mix everything togther gently using a wooden spoon.
- Do NOT overmix. Mix only till you see everything has come together.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts and then each part into 12 small balls. So you will end up with 24 balls.
- Roll the balls on your palm and press gently to form disc.
- Lay the discs on a lined baking tray.
- Take a fork and press little to form impression. You can use any other thing other than fork or just use your thumb.
- Bake them in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until you see the edges start changing colour. Mine takes exact 20 minutes but time may vary according to the oven.
- Once they are done, take them out of the oven and leave on the tray for 5 minutes.
- Transfer them onto wire rack or in a plate to cool down completely.
- Store them in an air-tight container. They keep well on room temperature for a week.
Have a look at this crunchy bottom. Don’t they look irresistible?
How about having a bowl full of cookies for breakfast along with milk or tea? Ummm that would be too much I guess
See my Eggless orange cookies for more tips and tricks for baking cookies. For more options visit homemade digestive biscuits, healthy and guilt-free Flapjacks, toasted almond cookies or cheddar and poppy seeds cracker.
I will see you with another bake shortly. Till then happy baking 🙂